Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Classic Picture of My Rock Star Baby


During the dinner break from the first tech rehearsal of "I Do! I Do!", Blythe and I put Carter's new sunglasses on him, and of course being the little rock star that he is, took advantage of the photo opp.  His smile in this picture reminds me a little bit of the baby at the end of "Zoolander."  It's just a picture that I thought you all might enjoy!

Tech Rehearsal

This is our tech weekend of "I Do! I Do!" at Texas Repertory Theatre.  It's been a good rehearsal process, and we are all eager to get an audience in here to see what we've done.  The music has come together pretty well.  Through the rehearsals, I was having to go back and forth quite a bit between three different conductor books which has made things very confusing at times.  The first book that I had was more of the "original" version, and the books that came in later in the rehearsal process were from the "revised" production.  But the two books that came in were even different because one was meant to be played with just two pianos as the orchestra, and the other one was meant to be played by a full orchestra.  So, this weekend in our tech rehearsals is where I've got to start narrowing down all of our various notes and decisions to what we will actually be doing in our performances. 

Tech week is never fun for anyone, but this week won't seem so bad as Blythe and I are both on spring break!!!  Our first spring break as teachers!  We are both very excited to have some time off.  I've been getting a little bit sick this week, so it seems especially well timed for me.

This week, Blythe and I are hoping to baby-proof some things around the house as Carter could be crawling by the next time we have a significant amount of down time together.  It's very exciting to see him starting to figure new things out every day.   
So, over the next few days, my daytime hours will be nice and free, but I'll be spending some late nights in rehearsals.  It will probably still feel like a pretty busy week.  I'll keep you posted!

Peace Out,
Luke 

No comments:

Post a Comment