Thursday, June 14, 2012

Christmas Eve. . . In June

Tomorrow is a huge day for Blythe and I!!  I know for myself, I am so excited that it feels like I'm eight years old and it is Christmas Eve.  As today has gone by, I have found myself getting more and more excited to the point that I can't even imagine laying down and trying to go to sleep.  (It is 11:40pm right now, and I just got off work about at 11pm tonight)  Our lives won't necessarily "change" tomorrow, but the way we picture our future will be much clearer after tomorrow.  After about 3:30pm to be more exact!

The reason tomorrow (Thursday) is such a big day, as many of you probably know, is because Blythe and I are going to the doctor to find out if our second baby will be a little boy or a little girl!  We are both extremely excited to get a better idea of what the rest of our lives will be like!

For the past several weeks, everybody has been asking me which I would prefer, a boy or a girl.  That's a tough one for me.  Blythe has said that she would really like to have a girl, so I want her to have that.  My mother said today that she would love to have a girl.  From what I can tell, most of Blythe's family wants a girl!  So, for everyone else's sake, I'd like to have a girl.  I'd love to have a girl that I can watch grow up and take care of.  I'd love to walk a daughter down the wedding isle.  I'd love to do all the daddy/daughter dances.  I'd love to see a girl become the woman that her mother is.

On the other hand, I come from a family of boys.  I have two older brothers and no sisters.  So, watching two more Kirkwood boys grow up would be a lot of fun.  Carter has just been so much fun for this first two years of his life, and he has probably spoiled us.  Thankfully, he has been healthy, he has not had trouble sleeping through the night, he hasn't had any trouble playing with other kids, and he is just such a great kid that makes life so much better!  With two boys, I'd look forward to a lot more baseball and football in the backyard, significantly more interesting wrestling matches in the living room, teaching them all the silly little games that my dad taught my brothers and I, and of course the possibility of coaching a little league team with both boys in the dugout with me!  I'll never forget the game that I played my freshmen year of high school where my dad was my coach, my brother, Danny, was on the opposing team, and my oldest brother, Toby, was one of the umpires in the game!   That was a great time, and I could only imagine how great it would be to have Carter and his little brother on a field with me.   

By the way, we really don't have any solid names picked out like we did last time.   When we went to the doctor to find out about our first baby being a boy or a girl, we had names already picked out either way.  This time, I can't say that at all!   So, tomorrow also may represent the start of 19 weeks of debating baby names!!

So, that's what tomorrow will be for the Kirkwoods!  I'm sure it will be tough to sleep tonight wondering what tomorrow will be like.  I will certainly have something to write about tomorrow, that's for sure.  Blythe's mother will be coming to the doctor's office with us to take pictures of the day, so I will try to post those here tomorrow too.

I hope you'll read!!   Be thinking about us, and praying for a healthy baby around 3:30 tomorrow.

Peace Out,
Luke



No comments:

Post a Comment