Monday, June 4, 2012

First Pictures of Summer 2012!!

Well, chasing Carter around the house for the first three days of summer has really kept me on my toes and always moving!!  We've had a ton of fun, and I've gotten a couple of fun pictures. I don't have much to write about today, so I thought I'd just post a couple of pictures so that I can give you all an idea of what's been going on around here. I know it has been a while since some of you have seen the little boy, so I also wanted to show you how big he is, and how much fun we've been having.  Enjoy!!

A couple of weeks ago, Carter and I were coming home after I'd picked him up from daycare and it was EXTREMELY hot outside.  I kept thinking how bad I wish we could've just gone and jumped in a pool.  As we were walking to the front door, I saw our sprinkler sitting in the front yard, so I decided that I would turn it on and see if I could convince the little boy to run through the water.  He didn't need much convincing.  He loved it!!!  Now, it is hard for us to make it through a day without him bringing us his water shoes (which have Elmo on them) and saying "Water?"   Of course this means that it is time to take him outside, turn on the sprinkler, and just let him run wild through the water in the front yard!  So much fun for all of us!


I have to admit, these first two pictures were actually taken about two or three weeks ago when Carter was still just getting used to the water.  Notice how is sort of staying back from the water in this picture. . . That doesn't happen anymore!


This picture was taken today.  I had just gotten him dressed to go and take lunch to his mommy and thought this was a cute picture opportunity. It looks like I was going all "fancy" and combing his hair and everything.  Actually, I had just finished washed dried Fruit Loops and Pop Tart crumbs out of his hair after breakfast!!  I think this picture is kind of funny because he looks like he's standing beside the coffee table.  But, notice his toes to the left.  He's really almost reclining between the couch and the coffee table like a hammock.



I also took this picture today, just kind of playing with the camera on my phone.  I found a new effect that focuses more on the center of the picture and gets fuzzy as you go closer to the edges.  Kind of cool.  Again, I wasn't really trying to comb his hair, so don't judge!!  :)
 


This picture was also taken a few weeks ago (notice the overgrown trees in the background), but I wanted to give you and idea of another way we pass quite a bit of time through our day.  He loves to swing his baseball bat.  I can't really say that he loves to play tee-ball, because really, he swings the bat at ANYTHING!!!  He's like a real life Bam Bam from the Flinstones!  He does have a pretty good left-handed swing though!!  

Well, there are a few pictures to help give you and idea of what the Kirkwood house is like these days while it's just Carter and his daddy at home.  We're having a lot of fun, but we both wish that his mommy could be here with us!

Peace Out,
Luke


 

No comments:

Post a Comment